Thursday, November 1, 2012

Week 10

 My internship has been put on hold for a temporary period (or perhaps an unknown period) since my site supervisor is experiencing a family crisis, and is unable to work with me until further notice. We were scheduled to have a meeting this past afternoon, but my site supervisor, having a family problem, did not show up. I wondered for a couple of hours what had happened to her, but luckily I finally received an email from her explaining that a family problem caused her to miss our afternoon meeting.

 There is really a lot to be done since November 6 is the scheduled date for the public launch of the Intranet. However, all my upcoming work regarding the Intranet and its public staff profiles has been postponed until my site supervisor has worked out some family issues. I did create two subject guides for the public site, although the last time I spoke with my site supervisor, she was having trouble with displaying the guides on the public site. She stated she was going to work on fixing the problem, but I am assuming her family issues have put her correction of the subject guide displaying problem on hold as well.

 As of this blog post, I have only 40 more required Internship hours to fill until the end of the term, so I am not worried that my site supervisor's family problems will cause me to have trouble completing those final 40 hours.

 There are things for me to do until I get contacted by my site supervisor concerning the start of new projects. I can use up more hours by studying guides on social media, post news stories on Facebook and Twitter, use the study guides to learn about posting blogs to the public site since I have not gotten the hang of it, and posting blogs if I feel I have gotten a better understanding about the appropriate types of blogs to post on the public site. Until I hear back from my site supervisor, I'll just have to think of ways to fill up hours, although I know I can do so since there are things I can study to get a better understanding of certain types of work and features on the public site.

No comments:

Post a Comment