Thursday, November 29, 2012

Week 14

 I have been creating the final designs, which again, are proposals for upcoming web pages for the Marin County Free Library. I just finished all the required 135 hours, but I will still meet with my site supervisor on Monday, as we will probably have our final telephone meeting.

 The more recent set of designs (there are four of them) that I created are supposed to be more consistent than the older designs. As my site supervisor stated, when creating a website, design proposals for that site and the site itself is supposed to have consistency. The four designs I have been working on are centered around four topics; E-Books, the MARINet Digital Downloads, Axis 360, and 3M Cloud Library. To make these four designs more consistent than earlier designs, I created them around four subjects that they have in common, or that are universal to each of them. These four subjects are "About sections," in which I clearly state to patrons what E-Books, the MARINet Digital Downloads section, Axis 360, and 3M Cloud Library are so that they understand them; as well as Browsing, Downloading, and a Help/Support section for patrons to get help and support with these technologies. To give these four designs subjects that they all share such as browsing and downloading, I am not only making them consistent, but making them more clear to the patron. Now the patron will better understand how the Marin County Free Library utilizes E-Books, its MARINet Digital Downloads section, Axis 360, and 3M Cloud Library.

 I will be completing a final term paper for Library 232 this weekend, and afterwards, I will start work on the 294 final report. I have a bit of an advantage since I had already done a professional virtual internship final report in the Spring 2012 semester, which I will use as an organizational guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment