Saturday, November 17, 2012

Week 12

 This week I have been focusing on improving my skills in creating webpage designs as proposals (using Go Mockingbird Wireframing) for an upcoming webpage for the Marin County Free Library. Basically, I have been trying to improve the language on my design proposals by simplifying it so that library patrons better understand it.

 To clarify what I am trying to say is that I had created designs using Go Mockingbird Wireframing. The designs are different versions of an upcoming webpage for the Marin County Free Library, except they are intended as proposals for that webpage. My site supervisor will examine my designs and decide which one is the best design for an upcoming webpage that the library will be creating and making available to patrons.

 The designs I created earlier in the week had language that was a little too complicated for patrons to understand, and the language therefore needed to be more simple. My site supervisor ordered me to create new designs with more simple language so that patrons can better understand the webpage that will be made available to them.

 Once my site supervisor is more satisfied with my designs and their language, she will choose one as the look of the library's upcoming webpage.

 The webpage that the library will be creating and making available to patrons during the Winter, will contain information about library downloads, and library information on downloading E-Books using 3M Cloud Library and Axis 360. My site supervisor had me simplify the language on my designs by having me clarify the meanings of 3M Cloud Library and Axis 360, and basically write more simple language such as "browse collection" or "library catalog" as opposed to more technical and complicated language such as "3M Cloud Library" or "Axis 360."

 The point is that patrons will not understand the more technical language that librarians use, so librarians have to create websites with simple language that patrons will understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment